The Summer Kitchen
This vacation rental is a guesthouse built of stone adjacent to the main home. It consists of a living room with kitchenette downstairs and a loft bedroom and bathroom upstairs. The guesthouse is comfortably furnished in a charming colonial style. It has a separate entrance, and the adjacent, covered stone breezeway is your private front porch.
The summer kitchen’s original cooking fireplace continues to burn firewood (artificial logs provided by host) today.
Summer Kitchen Guesthouse Features:
- Two-night minimum for online bookings.
- Kitchenette with refrigerator, combination microwave/convection oven, double burner, toaster, coffee maker, and ample kitchenware.
- Upstairs loft bedroom with double bed, closet, and full bath.
- On request and with a week’s notice, the living room can be rearranged to add a single bed.
- Separate heat and air conditioning zones upstairs and downstairs.
- Steps to and within the suite.
- A spectacular view of Virginia's Blue Ridge Mountains.
- Binoculars and guidebooks for exploring the farm’s habitats.
- A catch-and-release fish pond that awaits anglers.
- Dark skies at night.
- Smoking only outside.
- Pets are not invited.
- The guesthouse is not furnished for small children, but please contact the host to discuss arrangements.
- Host support on request for reservations and planning your activities.
- Washington, DC 68 miles. Washington, VA 4 miles.
- Scenery, history, recreation, and accommodations all come together beautifully at Caledonia Farm. Splendor for all seasons!